What Are You Going to Be When You Grow Up?

That is one question that I always loved answering. I never had to think about it. I was/am going to be a school teacher. I couldn't wait for the day I was able to walk into my own classroom, decorated just the way I wanted it and teach the students in my class. Now, this dream is coming true. I have two more semesters left of college and I will officially be able to teach in the state of Illinois.

I know that some teenagers are just like I was and know exactly what they are going to do with their lives. However, I do know many people who have no idea. They will be in college next fall and haven't decided what they are going to major in. What are they supposed to do? Maybe you are one of those people. I would suggest thinking about what you LOVE to do. Maybe you like playing and instrument, designing clothes, or taking pictures. Whatever it is, there is a major out there for you.

I wouldn't suggest thinking about how much money you would make. I mean who wouldn't like a six figure job, driving the newest model of car you prefer, and going home to your house with every comfort you could ever dream of? I have thought about that quite a bit. However, I know that with me becoming a teacher, it will never happen. And I am okay with that. Money doesn't buy happiness. To be truly happy, you must be content with what you have.

Brittany

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

New Stuff Homework Happenings Clubs Calendar Cover to Cover Don't Miss Blogs Podcasts Multimedia