Respecting Authority

Do you ever have those days where you just can't stand to be told what to do? Ever get sick of adults you never even met before telling you what to do too? I know I do - which is a shame, especially since I am becoming an adult myself.

My parents taught me to be respectful of everyone, and most importantly I was taught to respect adult authority. It wasn't until high school that I started to have issues with authority. I don't know why really, maybe it was because I already assumed that I was an adult and no longer needed to be told what to do - or it might have been that I had a couple of teachers that knew nothing about the subjects they were trying to teach!

I was never the type of kid who would mouth off during class, but I did get called out on my body language and constant eye-rolling. My parents were pretty appalled when they got a call at home about my "defiant" behavior at school...The biggest showcase of my lack of respect for authority was at home. After I turned 16 I pretty much figured I knew how to take care of myself, and the second one of my parents would step in to try to teach/tell me something I'd go ballistic! As I look back at my behavior I feel pretty guilty and embarrassed.

No matter how old you get you still need to respect people that are older than you, and that have more experience. It's not always easy (TRUST ME), but it's the right thing to do. The more respect you give the more you'll get back - and if you are thinking that's just a line, wait till you start working; a respectful employee will reap a respectful boss (most of the time, some people are just hateful - lol).

Joanna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

New Stuff Homework Happenings Clubs Calendar Cover to Cover Don't Miss Blogs Podcasts Multimedia